Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sock Monkey Bibs!

When Mimi was a baby, my mom got us a lot of really awesome handmade bibs off of etsy. We had them to match every outfit, or so it seemed. They saved us from a lot of devastating stains. The handmade ones were also much cuter and unique than the store bought ones. 

And until recently, I really had no idea how quick and easy bibs were to make. I found a pattern on Pinterest that I enlarged a bit and went from there, and ended up making these. 




I decided to make something that was unisex especially since I'm in need of some gifts for boys. I'm not the biggest fan of unisex things for babies. I can't help it, I just love pink too much and plus baby girl stuff is so much cuter. :)

The polka dot fabric was a random find at Jo-Ann's that I got a while back. I really had nothing in mind when I bought it so it ended up in the bottom of my tub of fabric. I forgot that my mom gave me the sock monkey fabric a few years back. Paired together the fabrics really compliment each other. 

I backed the bibs with lightweight fleece. I originally intended to use towel backing, but the lady at the fabric store recommended the fleece. Hopefully it will wash up nicely. 

Off to make some more. 

Until next time....... 










No comments:

Post a Comment